How AuthAnvil RADIUS works
The AuthAnvil RADIUS Server provides RADIUS support via PAP to offer strong authentication to firewalls, network devices and VPN servers within your network infrastructure.
The AuthAnvil RADIUS Server is a standalone windows service and is capable of running on any 32 bit or 64 bit platform that supports .NET 2.0. It does NOT require Microsoft’s Internet Authentication Service (IAS) or Network Policy Server (NPS) to function, but can coexist if you reconfigure it to use an alternate port.
More information on how to setup and configure RADIUS can be found in the documentation at https://help.authanvil.com/hc/en-us/articles/218394478
Process of RADIUS Authentication.
- User enters AuthAnvil passcode (password,OTP) into vpn endpoint connection.
- VPN endpoint forwards request to AuthAnvil Radius server
- AuthAnvil passcode verified against AAoD Tenant.
- Radius server returns AuthAnvil server response to vpn endpoint.
- User is securely logged in
User experience expanded.