What is a child tenant?
Simply put a child tenant allows you to manager your customers from within your existing AAoD tenant to support multitenancy.
Multitenancy allows you to completely manage your customers right from within your primary AAoD tenant.
Enabling child tenants
To enable the use of child organizations within your AAOD tenant please follow these steps.
- Log into your On-Demand tenant https://(your home realm).my.authanvil.com
- Select Directory Manager.
- Select Organizations.
- Select the green plus sign button in the bottom right corner.
- Configure the child tenant.
- Set the Organization Name.
- Modify the tenant home realm as needed.
- Select Add Organization.
Once you have the child tenant created you should be able to see a new drop down menu option on the following tabs that will look similar to the following.
This drop down will reflect throughout the UI.
Under Directory Manager
- Directory Sync
Under Auth Manager
Under SSO Manager
- Application Library
- Workflow requests
This drop down menu means you can easily toggle between tenants when adding agents, apps or users etc.
Each of the child tenants will have their own users, apps agents etc.
- See this article for help with customizing the tenant.
- See this article for help with setting up AD sync for users.
- See this article for help with manually adding users.
- See this article for help with adding a RADIUS agent.
Virtually everything way you can use AAoD with your main tenant can be performed with the child tenants.