Enable two-factor authentication with TeamViewer using AuthAnvil Authenticator Two-step verification
You can setup two-factor authentication for your TeamViewer Account by using AuthAnvil Authtenticator two-step verification. Download the AuthAnvil Authenticator mobile app, install it and grant the application access to the camera so it can scan barcodes / QRCodes to add new applications such as TeamViewer, to the application.
Upon first activation of the AuthAnvil Authenticator, it will ask for authorization to access the camera. This is so it can use the camera to scan barcodes and QR codes from other applications that you wish to pair it with.
- Login to your TeamViewer account, Click Edit Profile under you profile name.
- Click the Activate link in the General area beside Two Factor Authorization.
- Select the Start Activation button to gain access to a QR code for scanning.
- Open the AuthAnvil Authenticator app, select the + sign and scan the QR Code
Test the new application in the window provided
Try out the new application once it’s added by entering in the onetime passcode below the QR Code.
- Once you’ve selected the Activate button you will also receive a screen that has an emergency code that you can use in case you lose access to your phone. Be sure to keep a copy of this in a safe place.