Enable two-factor authentication with Microsoft using AuthAnvil Authenticator Two-step verification.
You can setup two-factor authentication for your Microsoft Account by using AuthAnvil Authtenticator two-step verification. Download the AuthAnvil Authenticator mobile app, install it and grant the application access to the camera so it can scan barcodes / QRCodes to add new applications such as Microsoft, to the application.
Upon first activation of the AuthAnvil Authenticator, it will ask for authorization to access the camera. This is so it can use the camera to scan barcodes and QR codes from other applications that you wish to pair it with.
The steps for pairing AuthAnvil Authenticator with your Microsoft account are shown below:
- Sign into your account, and select Security and Privacy from the menu bar, then More security settings.
- Scroll down the page and select Set up Two-step verification then select Next.
- Choose the type of device you would like to use to prove your identity with.
- Open the AuthAnvil Authenticator and scan the QR Code that appears on the screen to add the app.
- Test the application and enter in the code generated to confirm the successful pairing.
- Write down or print out the recovery code in case you lose your phone or do not have it with you and you need to get logged in.
- Once completed you will also have the option to continue with configuring your smart phone with a App Password for extra security, as well as configure other Microsoft logins.