Enable two-factor authentication with RackSpace using AuthAnvil Authenticator Two-step verification
You can setup two-factor authentication for Rackspace by using AuthAnvil Authtenticator two-step verification. Download the AuthAnvil Authenticator mobile app, install it and grant the application access to the camera so it can scan barcodes / QRCodes to add new applications such as RackSpace, to the application
Upon first activation of the AuthAnvil Authenticator, it will ask for authorization to access the camera. This is so it can use the camera to scan barcodes and Qrcodes from other applications that you wish to pair it with.
- Log into your RackSpace Cloud Control Panel, click Account: (your username) in the Top=Right corner, select Account Settings from the menu.
- In the Multi-factor Authentication Mobile Passcode field, click Add,
On the Name of your Device form, type a Device nickname for the OTP device. Then, click Add Device.
After you click Add Device, the Identity service generates a barcode that you can use to link your Rackspace Cloud account with an OTP device.
- To pair your Rackspace Cloud account with your device, use the OTP client application on your device to scan the barcode on the Verify Code form.
- Once the code is scanned the site and the application will be paired. To test this out, open the AuthAnvil Authenticator and activate the Rackspace token to reveal the one-time passcode. Enter this code into the verification form and click Verify Mobile Passcode.
- The next time you need to log into your account you will be prompted to enter in a onetime passcode from the AuthAnvil Authenticator app.