Note: This integration is managed by Labtech directly.
For assistance from Labtech please contact their support via https://support.labtechsoftware.com/#/
Enabling the AuthAnvil Plugin
With the new plugin from LabTech, integrating AuthAnvil into your daily business workflow is easy. Let’s start by enabling the plugin.
- Download the plugin ZIP file to your LabTech server
- Unzip the file and run the AuthAnvilInstaller.exe
- Click Install to create the plugin files.
(If you see an Update button at this step, the AuthAnvil plugin is already configured and you can continue to Step 5)
- Restart the database agent in Start > Labtech MSP 2012 > Server > Restart Critical Services. This path may be different depending on your version of LabTech
- Open a new Control Center window. Under Help click to open the Plugin Manager
- Make sure the box for AuthAnvil is checked
Configuring AuthAnvil Protection
In Control Center click on the Dashboard button. Once it launches go to Config > Integration > AuthAnvil
Set the Site Name and Auth URL to match your AuthAnvil Two Factor Auth server. Here is an example:
- Site Name: 1
- Auth URL: https://(Your FQDN)/AuthAnvil/SAS.asmx
Note: Your SAS URL will be https://(Your company).my.authanvil.com/AuthAnvil/SAS.asmx
Once you have checked the URL and Site ID for your server it will verify the connection to the web service. If it resolves correctly the AuthAnvil configuration options will be enabled. Here is an overview of the options on this page.
Enable for These Classes – Click on class names to enable 2FA for certain LabTech classes.
Enable for These Users - Click on usernames to enable 2FA for certain LabTech users.
- Enable AuthAnvil - This checkbox disables / enables all of the other settings. If it is disabled, AuthAnvil is turned off.
- Enable Web Control Center Protection – The selected users, classes and groups will be prompted for 2FA when logging in to the web Control Center. Requires an IISreset to take effect
- Enable Control Center Protection - The selected users, classes and groups will be prompted for 2FA after logging in to the Control Center desktop application
- Enable for Super Admins - Requires all users flagged as a Super Admin to log in with 2FA at either the web or desktop Control Center (as defined above)
- Enable for Supervisors - Requires all users flagged as a Supervisor to log in with 2FA where it is enabled
- Enable for All Users - Requires all users to log in with 2FA where it is enabled
Test Login – Test a 2FA code with the currently logged in user. Your user must match an existing username on the AuthAnvil server
Save – Saves current configuration. There is no confirmation prompt after saving
After you have finished configuring AuthAnvil, the next time an enabled user logs in to the desktop or website Control Center they will be prompted for an AuthAnvil Passcode. Make sure to test it by closing your current Control Center or web browser and logging in.