If you are currently using AuthAnvil Protection by modifying the web.config files you MUST disable this before continuing!
To verify that your AuthAnvil protection is turned off before installing the plugin, follow these steps:
- On your LabTech server, navigate to the \Program Files\ or \ProgramFiles(x86)\LabTech Client\ directory.
- Using a text editor (as Administrator), such as Notepad, open the LTClient.exe.config file.
- Scroll down or use the Find function to find the following line:
<setting name="AuthAnvil" serializeAs="String">
- Change the value from True to False, if necessary.
- Save and close the Ltclient.exe.config file. This needs to be repeated on each workstation that has the Control Center installed if any of them have been modified to use AuthAnvil protection on the Control Center login screen.
- Navigate to the Inetpub > wwwroot > LabTech directory and repeat the above steps in the web.config file to make sure the web login does not have AuthAnvil enabled.
- Save and close the web.config file and restart IIS.